Monday, March 9, 2015

Snow, snow, go away

The snow continues...

We had the biggest snowfall so far this year this past Thursday. It threw everything off, so that wasn't super exciting. I'm not sure what it officially was, but I'm thinking it was around 6-9 inches in places. We couldn't drive at all, and nobody lives that close by, so we decided we would go and shovel all day! It was really neat. Just by helping them to shovel their walks or their drive ways, we met a lot of nice people, we got a lot of hot chocolate, and someone who invited us in so we could teach them about the Restoration! There were a lot of miracles, and a lot of snow.

It's warming up now, it's around 50 degrees outside and all the snow is melted or melting. Hopefully spring is finally here!

Earlier this week we also got our new iPads. I guess it's nice having a new iPad. Having to re-download and configure things hasn't been extraordinarily fun, but the training videos that they have for us are pretty neat! Different apostles and church leaders talking about digital devices, and to think we are the very first missionaries to be watching these videos, that was pretty cool.

The temple is still on the horizon! We are figuring out if we can make it some time in March, but we will certainly be going there in April!! Everyone just needs to go to the temple and be happy.

This past week we also got to go to the bishops storehouse to help out there, so that was pretty sweet. I hadn't been to a bishops storehouse since I was in high school and I went to the one in Seattle. It was awesome being able to help out there, and be involved in that aspect of the church that we don't see very much. It was also incredibly exciting because Elder Murphy was also serving there, and he's the best. A lady took a picture for us, but I still haven't been able to get my hands on it.

Something I really liked in my reading this past week (I've been just studying out of 3 Nephi, since I finished the Book of Mormon again a couple weeks ago, and will have a fun challenge/activity for you guys next week) was this: "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings unto them, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings unto them of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion: Thy God reigneth." (3 Nephi 20:40, see also Isaiah 52:7, emphasis added). I loved pondering on the statement: "Thy God reigneth," but more so on the repetition of "bringeth" and "publisheth." I want you to think about that repetition, and why the Savior stated it that way.

Love you guys!
Elder Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment