Monday, June 16, 2014

Splits and Spares

We went bowling!




And we were so bad! I guess that's what happens when you haven't bowled in ages. I've never been an extraordinarily good bowler, unless it's been on the Wii, but we were just doing awful. That's what made it fun though! At least we were all roughly at the same skill level. We determined (I determined) a scoring scale which would result in us all winning. Since Elder Murphy won the first game, and Elder Leavitt won the second game, and I had the highest average. Everybody wins at
Palace Bowling!





I also have to confess how lazy I am; something most of you should know by now. So, daily exercise at 6:30 in the morning is like, the worst idea ever. However, I've been determined to do it, just because President keeps telling me to. In my attempts to motivate myself in the morning to exercise, I compiled this little collage of pictures from the Ensign (during exercise time...). It is now posted right above our treadmill. We seriously have a treadmill in our apartment, and I have been too lazy to even just walk on that. I just sit there and look at it until it's time to get ready.

#fatpersonprobs (I'm eating a bag of M&Ms while I type this...)

Anyway, here's to hoping that this collage will help!






Now to get to the most important day of the week: Father's Day! Hurray for Father's Day! Hurray for Fathers! Yesterday (Father's Day) while I was sitting in church, I was filled with gratitude for my earthly father, as well as my Heavenly Father. Reflecting on how incredibly, almost unrealistically, blessed I am. Everything that I have, that I am capable of, that I am; how so much of it comes from my papa bear, and how it all comes from my Heavenly Father. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). We have been given so much, from our heavenly and earthly fathers, that one day out of the year isn't nearly enough time to celebrate them. We are eternally indebted, and should be eternally grateful.

Always #RememberDad

Love,
Elder Horne

PS that's a lot of sugar...

No comments:

Post a Comment