Monday, June 23, 2014

So many chickens...

Hello hello hello,

So, this is weird. I am starting the last week of my life as a teenager! I feel so grown up and big (not really). Now I'll be a 20 year old missionary! Shucks, it was fun being an 18 year old missionary while it lasted. Being 19 seemed normal, but being 20... I'm no longer one of the young missionaries in the mission. Hopefully we'll find something exciting to do to celebrate, I'll think of something. 

I wonder if people will think I am 15, rather than 14 now...

Now, I have to share this before I am out my teenage years. Here are all the Pokemon that I caught, before they ran out!! Left to right: Pikachu, Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, and Xerneas. 

 

I'd be lying if I said we didn't have a ton of fun playing with these. We'd also bring them to members homes with little kids so they could play with them. It's been a grand ole time. 

Ok, next. These pictures are starting to build up, and I'm becoming way too obsessed with picking up people's chickens. Actually, all pets are in danger of being chased after in my attempts to hold them... I love pets and plants way too much. 
 

I wasn't actually crushing this chicken... I just didn't want it to get away...
   
Anyway. Missionary work is the best. Like, you may think I'm exaggerating, or that I'm just kidding, but seriously. For reals. It's the most rewarding thing. It can be potentially terrifying, exhilarating, hilarious, miserable, and a wee bit trying. Yet it's all worth it! It's incredible to see God working in the details of you life, and to feel His Spirit guide and direct you. Although missions entail a roller-coaster of physical, emotional, and spiritual stress; the Lord qualifies who He calls. He's promised angels to bear us up, and He never breaks his promises. So, for anyone out there, thinking about a mission, having any doubts or concerns or questions; I want you to know that they are the best. The best two years.

And yes, there is more too it than holding chickens.

Love,
Elder Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment