Monday, October 27, 2014

Expecto Patronum

Yay fall going into winter! We've been gearing up, warming up, and sograteful that we have car. It could start getting into the 30s thisweek (kill me) but I'm a little more optimistic about it than most missionaries. Granted, we have a lot from Southern California, and they aren't a huge fan of this cold. If it would just stay around 50-55 degrees year round, I'd be perfectly content with that.

#randomphoto

I'm not sure if it's this initial onset of cold - if winter is starting to creep into my bones - but something has been causing an increase in lethargy. Actually, multiple things have been, but we will blame it on the weather. Or dementors. Ya, it's probably dementors. Blast. Well, either way, I'm refusing to let it be a cold/flu/fever that could be slowing me down. Because we all know I won't let that happen.

The Lord has been good to us though. Although I might be slowing down a little, maybe getting a refuel, the work is going faster and stronger than ever. So that's been such a blessing. People just keep coming to us, and we keep being led to people who are prepared. I think the Lord just really trusts us to know what to do, and how to help these people. Because it surely isn't us doing the work, we just try to stay on top of everything that the Boss gives us. It definitely takes a lot of work, but it's different when you see it as work divinely appointed and endowed, rather than your own personal work.

I'm not even sure if I'm making any sense. Blame it on the grey.

We had some great times this week though! We had dinner with our favourite English family, love them, and it is always such a smashing time there. So obviously we take pictures, because we need pictures.




Anyways, I hope that everyone is doing well, doing fantastic, that you are staying above the weather and all that jazz.

Keep on keepin' on.

Elder Horne

PS Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment