Monday, October 6, 2014

Come, Listen

Ok, let's talk about transfers first, get that out of the way, and then we can just dive into General Conference.

So. Transfers! Well, first, I had to say goodbye to my favoritest Elder Kitsell, who will quote Mean Girls and She's the Man with me any day, sending him back to England. It was cool, his parents came out to visit the States with him before they fly back, so I got to meet them too. I've promised that I would fly out to England, he just has to meet me wherever I end up landing. 


But, more relevant news, my new companion! Elder Prestwich! He's from Provo, UT. Plays water polo, and is awesome. He goes home in February (seriously, I always get them on the tail end... kill or be killed), so he'll most likely stay here until he goes home. We are pretty excited to serve together, he reminds me a lot of Elder Wilcock. 
 
 
Now: General Conference! GC! LDSconf! GConf! So much conf! It was amazing, and revelatory, and mind blowing, as always. I just wish I had an entire day to review the talks, review my notes, condense/clarify messages, and set goals and make plans. That's what PDAY was intended for, right? 

Some of my favorite quotes and messages:
- "God cares about you." (President Dieter F Uchtdorf)
- "Try to force a smile, and look heavenward." (Elder Jörg Klebingat)
- "If you do your part, it will come, and it will be glorious," (President Dieter F Uchtdorf)
- "I may not be my brothers keeper, but I am my brothers brother." (Elder Jeffrey R Holland)
- "Faithfully caring for the poor and needy is a reflection of spiritual maturity." (Bishop Dean M Davies)
- "Wherever we go, our priesthood goes with us." (President Thomas S Monson)
- "Sometimes we may be awkward." (Elder David A Bednar)

And that's only a few. One of my absolute favorite things about conference, is that we can watch/listen/read it again! And again! Or, for those who might not have seen it, watch it! That's my invitation to everyone. Come, listen to a prophets voice. 


Love,
Elder Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment