Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our Own Promised Land

This week was amazing. You're probably getting used to the fact that these aren't going to be super long haha, just because we never seem to have enough time to write.

Here are some pictures though and then something that I learned this week.

So we went on exchanges, and I was with Elder Kim who is from Korea, and we met this Turkish family, and they were AWESOME! They invited us in, taught us some Turkish words, and fed us some really good Turkish food! Elder Kim awkwardly asked if we could get a picture with this guy, his name is Hank and he's super nice. If you ever have the chance to eat some Turkish food, take it.


This week we also met an awesome couple. Her Dad is a less active member, but she hasn't met with missionaries since she was a little kid. They're super nice and we love visiting with them. They also took me to get my first water-ice! (wuter-ice) I got a mango and passion fruit water-ice and it was soooo good.


We had a missionary come home too! Willie just got back from Brasilia, Brazil and out here they have huge homecoming parties, it was awesome. Apparently he was companions with Scott Nelson and they're going to room together at college! Neat huh???


That's all the pictures I have this week. In the beginning of the week Elder Tan and I were having a hard time finding and teaching people, and the work wasn't really moving. We were praying that we would be able to meet our goals and that we would find some people to teach. Then during studies I realized something as we were talking about Nephi building a ship to cross the ocean. The Lord told him in 1 Nephi 17:13, "wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land, and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." And I realized that we're all headed towards our own promised land. The Lord has a "promised land" for us, a place and a person that he wants us to be, and as we keep his commandments and do what he asks of us, he promises that he will lead us there. I know that as we recognize the Lord's hand in our life that we will know that it is by Him that we are led as we keep the commandments, and that we will be headed towards our promised land. The next few days, we were able to experience miracles and the Lord truly answered our prayers, and we are able to see that as we did the things that he asked us to, that he did lead us where he needed us to be, and we were able to see that he is the one who got us there. The scriptures are filled with so much wisdom and guidance, I exhort everyone who reads this, whether they've read the Book of Mormon or not, to pick it up and start to read. I know that as we do so the Lord will enlighten us and fill us with his wisdom and his grace. I'm so grateful that I can be a tool in the Lords hand in bringing people to this truth. I love the gospel and I love the Book of Mormon.

Love you guys and wishing you the best,
Elder Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment