Thursday, September 19, 2013

Leaving Linwood

So the big news is: I'm being transferred!! Its crazy, I've only ever been in this ward, this area, my whole mission. It's going to be really different going somewhere else, but I'm excited for the change, it should be a lot of fun. So hopefully next week I'll be able to get you all the info on my new companion and new area and ward and all that.
 
So this week Elder Shayne Bowen came to our mission, and we had an awesome meeting with him. He talked a lot about the blessings that come from obedience. I was thinking about that, and how sometimes its easy for us to play around the gray line, because we're not doing things that are necessarily harmful or sinful, but that aren't good for us, and obeying what the prophets have said with exactness. I was thinking about how some of those things don't necessarily seem harmful, and some people have the tendency to rationalize those things, but I realized the greater harm comes from losing the blessings promised. We talked about exaltation, and how that is our end goal, but how in this life we can be happy and find joy, and that comes from obedience. I know that sometimes it may be easy to not obey with exactness, but that as we do we will receive all the blessings that the Father hath. I know that obedience is the first law of heaven, and that all blessings are predicated on that, so be obedient to the Lord!
 
Love you guys and hope you're doing great,
 
Elder Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment