Sunday, June 16, 2013

Summer Storms

This week was awesome, we had a couple tropical storms! They're different than rainstorms back home because it's still really hot, but it's POURING rain. We've been trying to stay dry but there is only so much we can do, good thing I like the rain.
It's been a busy week though, and a busy P-day today, so I don't have a lot of time to write. We went to the zoo today and it was pouring rain, hopefully I can send some pictures next week. We were able to meet a lot of great people and have a lot of great lessons.
We went on exchanges this week, I was with Elder De Leon, and it was really great and a lot different than being with Elder Tan. It was a nice change to have for a little, but I'm glad to be back with Elder Tan. Elder De Leon leaves in a couple weeks so I'm glad I was able to work with him before he left.
I've found a Yogurtland!! Haha, Elder Tan isn't as sold on frozen yogurt as I am, but every time we go in I make sure I talk to people so we're not taking a break, and we've met some great new investigators that way. I know the Lord is preparing people, and it's miraculous seeing how he places them in our way.
Highlight of the week, Elder Ronald Rasband of the Presidency of the Seventy came and spoke to us! We drove to Newark, Delaware, and it was great being able to see all the other missionaries I know. I sat by Elder Blake Billings who was in my ward/dorm at school! It was great getting to talk with him a bit. I wish I could talk more about the things that Elder Rasband told us, but I would encourage you to read his May 2012 talk*, I think it's during a Sunday session, and I can't remember what it's called, sorry.
This week was great though, and I'm loving the work and the rain.
Miss and love you all, the gospel is true!!
Elder Horne

*Note from Taryn: This may be the link to Elder Rasband's Talk 

No comments:

Post a Comment