Monday, January 19, 2015

Omega Ekato

100 Days.

...

Whelp, that's weird.

I decided I would do something minimalist and undistinguished, just so that nobody else would realize that today is my 100 day mark. So, obviously, I bought myself a plant.


Her name is Omega Ekato. I originally had just named her Omega, because she is the last plant that I plan to get while I'm on my mission (I think that caps me off at 10). She's a paper white lily. Then, when I realized that today was my 100 day mark, she became Omega Ekato - "last hundred" - in Greek. Rough translation, but we'll roll with it. 

"Meg" for short.

This past week was extraordinary.

We had the longest zone conference of my life. Seriously. Usually they go from about 9-1. We didn't leave this one until 6:30. They had told us it would be going from 9-5, instead of 9-1, but obviously we went a little over on top of that. Also, half of the mission was there. 6 zones. 

Needless to say, probably the best meeting that I have ever been to my entire mission.

All the feels.

Mainly, my heart was just really, really, full. The spirit was just filling me to the brim. And then some. I was able to see so many missionaries that I love, listen to wonderfully prepared talks and training, sing hymns, and just bask in the Lord's love. All day. Especially at the end of the meeting, when all the departing missionaries were bearing their testimonies, and I realized, next zone conference, I will be up there. Then all of us singing the mission hymn. Too much.

All of it, all of it was just so so good. 

I also learned that Jonathan (remember him? He was baptized in the beginning of November when I was in Downingtown), baptized his daughter the other week.


So much happiness. 

"Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel... my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God." (Alma 26: 11,16)

Elder Horne






No comments:

Post a Comment